Tuesday 12 November 2013

Jordan's Country Crisp



"At Jordan's we don't do soggy" - when Ed Fry pointed me in the direction of this advert the only logical step was to take this claim as a challenge and therefore, I went out and bought myself a box of Jordan's Country Crisp to either prove or shun this very bold statement once and for all.
Naturally I went for the strawberry variety in a desperate attempt to remind myself of long summer days gone by. Even though on the front of the box they claim to be 'sun-ripe' strawberries, they are but freeze dried strawberries that probably haven't seen the sun in over a year. Nonetheless, they do add a little bit of a sweet and tart extra to the cereal, and at the end you get the added bonus of the milk turning pale pink. As for the crunch claim, I must admit that the cereal stayed relatively crunchy. Perhaps not as crunchy as at the start, but that would be very hard considering it's mingling with the milk for a good 10 minutes, but when compared to other cereal the crunch remains strong at the end. And finally the flavour is just right too. The clusters are sweet and the strawberries tart giving the cereal a balanced flavour which, yet again, stays to the end. What's not to like?
Jordan's make a bold claim but I feel it is a justified one as this cereal truly is rather brilliant. I will definitely be starting my day with a fair few more bowls of Country Crisp in the future.
Here are my ratings for Jordan's Country Crisp:

Crunch Factor: 4.5/5

Flavour: 4/5


Aesthetics: 4/5


Filling: 4/5


Overall Rating: 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?