Tuesday 19 November 2013

Weetabix Chocolate Minis


This is the week from hell with three essay deadlines piling up and my dear mother's birthday on Thursday, for which I haven't even bought a present yet (sorry mum). Therefore I decided to reach for "fuel to start my day in a tasty way" and have chosen Weetabix Chocolate Minis to add some form of excitement to my life.
This is a very versatile cereal that, just like standard Weetabix, can be eaten in all sorts of ways: hot, cold, with sugar, syrup, yoghurt or even dry. However with the bitter east Fife weather taking a nose dive, this morning I decided to have them with hot milk for, in the words of George Hailstone "a bowl of warm wheaty goodness". This makes the chocolate chips melt and leaves the cereal crispy on top but soggy on the bottom. But I feel that Weetabix is one of the only cereals that is bearable when soggy, as my granddad would say, you could suck it through your teeth. Yet, if you have Weetabix Minis with cold milk it's a completely different story; they stay crispy for a good 5 minutes, perhaps even more. The only down side is that the chocolate doesn't melt. I think that Weetabix Minis are great due to their versatility and are a great start to the day, especially on cold winter mornings.
Here are my ratings for Weetabix Chocolate Minis:

Crunch Factor: 2.5/5

Flavour: 4/5


Aesthetics: 2.5/5


Filling: 4/5


Overall Rating: 3.5/5


2 comments:

  1. They are a big disappointment imo, there's not enough chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?