Tuesday 22 July 2014

Céréales Fourrées au Lait


It's been over two months since I have posted anything and I am deeply apologetic. So far, this summer has been extremely busy; I not only helped and witnessed my own dear grandmother's near breakdown when moving her from North Yorkshire so she can be closer to our family down south, but my parents also decided to move house and I have therefore been living off microwave meals without access to a fridge, fully functioning kitchen and internet access. However, having jetted off to Mallorca, I have regained access to all of the aforementioned luxuries, and a whole host of foreign and exciting cereals to titillate my tastebuds for the next few weeks. 


Walking through the cereal aisle in the Spanish supermarket 'Mercardo' was more stressful than passing through security at Terminal 5. There was an array of completely different cereals to back home and some even had smarties and jelly babies thrown into the mix. Given that it was the start of the holiday, I decided to maybe tone down the extravagance a little and opted for the Céréales Fourrées au Lait (Milk Pillow Cereals) as they reminded me of when I would stay at our friend's french home every summer, although I was a little confused to see a french cereal being sold in a Spanish supermarket. Nonetheless, this cereal was as good as it was all those years ago. You bite into the crunchy exterior to reveal a delicious milky, gooey centre that tastes almost like white chocolate. Granted, these are not the healthiest of all cereals, nor do they look that appetising from the packaging to when they're in you're bowl. But holidays are a time for indulgence and extravagance in my opinion, and I feel that I indulged my inner child as memories of summers spent in France during my childhood came flooding back with every mouthful.   


Here are my ratings for Céréales Fourrées au Lait:

Crunch Factor: 4.5/5

Flavour: 4/5


Aesthetics: 3/5


Filling: 4/5


Overall Rating: 3.9/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?