Tuesday 8 October 2013

Nestle Clusters


The sun is shining and so I turned to Nestle Clusters to give myself a bowl full of sunshine this morning. Gone, however, are the days of throwing a tantrum when mummy wouldn't pick out the almonds one by one from my bowl. This is partly due to the fact that Nestle took an executive decision to remove the almonds from the cereal, and partly because I myself have grown up and developed a more sophisticated palette.
Clusters and I go back a long way. It's almost like we have a long distance relationship: we don't see each other often, but when we do it's always a wonderful reunion.
Essentially, it is a very simple cereal - bran flakes with some almond clusters thrown into the mix. But sometimes simplicity is best. Some say that bran flakes are dull, and I would completely agree with this statement. But when you mixed with the deliciously sweet clusters, they gain a little something extra. It enhances the flavour and adds a wee bit of crunch to the cereal. Depending on how much time you have in the morning, you could even eat the bran flakes first, leaving you with a bowl full of clusters at the end. Delicious. Even though the cereal is brown, the little white flecks dotted in between means you can't help but smile. My only qualm with Nestle Clusters is the bran flake to cluster ratio. I feel like there should be at least 10% more of those moreish little clusters.
So here are my ratings for Nestle Clusters:


Crunch Factor: 3.5/5

Flavour: 4/5

Aesthetics: 3.5/5

Filling: 3/5

Overall Rating: 3.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?