Tuesday 29 April 2014

Kellogg's Corn Flakes


Easter Sunday marked the end of Lent and instead of celebrating with an easter egg or Lindt Bunny, I couldn't wait to tuck into a huge bowl of cereal. In fact, I was so excited about being able to eat cereal again that I forgot to blog about it last Tuesday and I can only apologise for my own negligence to the cereal cause. But, what did I choose as my first bowl of cereal in 6 weeks, 42 days, 1008 hours, I hear you say. There was no competition, it had to be Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

Sometimes overshadowed by more 'exciting' or 'interesting' cereals, Corn Flakes remain a solid classic that give their contenders a run for their money. Yes, they don't have any particular flavour, but sometimes all you need is something simple. This also means that you have a base upon which you can add whatever you wish, be it fruit, honey or sugar. However, I personally always opt for my corn flakes plain, enjoying the simplicity of the cereal per se, for me, Corn Flakes are the equivalent to the detox option of the cereal world. My only qualm with Corn Flakes is the time that they take to go soggy. Within about one minute of pouring the milk on, you are guaranteed to find a soggy bottom to your cereal (something Mary Berry does not approve of). For those of you who are not fans of  soggy cereal, this means that you may have to consume your breakfast as fast as possible, potentially setting you up for mid-morning indigestion. However, after a few weeks away, I always seem to forget this fact and come crawling back to Corn Flakes, only to be reminded about the speed this transition takes. Nonetheless, apart from this minor glitch, Corn Flakes do remain, in my opinion, an underrated gem of the cereal world - a bowl full of golden sunshine...
Here are my ratings for Kellogg's Corn Flakes:

Crunch Factor: 2.5/5

Flavour: 4/5


Aesthetics: 4/5


Filling: 3.5/5


Overall Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?