Tuesday 7 January 2020

Spoon Dark Choc Zing Granola


Hello my hunnies!!! It's been a year and half hitaus and I can only blame my own disorganised self (I am an aries after all) for the lack in cereal content. But don't worry, I haven't completely turned my back on the cereal world. I will however be completely honest with you all and admit that there have been a few occasions over the past 18 months where I have succumbed to a 'spoons full english. But in the grasp of a new year and even a new decade, it's time to reflect upon old habits and create new resolutions, mine just so happened to be more adventurous but also more grounded, and so here I am, fulfilling my resolution just 6 days into 2020; reviving my pre-existing blog through a brand new review...

Granola isn't my usual bag for breakfast but while home for Christmas I opened the cereal cupboard to find an unopened bag of Spoon Dark Choc Zing granola lurking behind my dad's Weetabix (good taste pops). Being a big fan of Coco Pops I thought I'd give a different chocolate cereal a try, given that Christmas is the time for indulgence and all, and especially considering the catchy name. The actual granola is chocolate flavoured and the zing comes from the surprising addition of "kick-ass lime", rather unconventional but it doesn't not work. There are even almonds thrown in for added crunch. Some people like to eat granola with yoghurt (or a plant based alternative), but I prefer milk as I find the combination of cereal and yoghurt to be a touch too dry as it gets stuck inside your mouth with little liquid salvation. Although that's just my personal preference. Like most other granolas, Dark Choc Zing takes a decent amount of time before getting soggy while simultaneously flavouring the milk. It's chocolatey but not sickly sweet and the almonds offer some textural difference. I would say it's the perfect option for any adult who feels embarrassed by eating chocolatey children's cereal but still has that craving.
Here are my ratings for Dark Choc Zing Granola:

Crunch Factor: 4.5/5

Flavour: 4/5

Aesthetics: 3.5/5

Filling: 4/5

Overall Rating: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?