Tuesday 24 September 2013

Almond, Oats & More


This morning, unlike yesterday, is a very soggy, grey day. However, on the bright side, I got through the first week of lectures and tutorials as a second year and even managed to cook a meal for my friends without giving them food poisoning. Therefore, to keep with the theme of trying new things, I decided to try a cereal that is completely new to me. And so, this week I am reviewing Nestle's Almond, Oats & More. 
According to Nestle, Almond, Oats & More are 'crispy yummy flakes', what a mouthful! Yes, they are flakes, and yes, they are fairly yummy, but they are definitely not crispy. As soon as the milk hits the cereal, it seems to just give up, wilting instantaneously and leaves you with a rather soggy bowl of brown flakes. On the plus side, this cereal has a lot of flavour and it even has real almonds and almondy clusters thrown into the mix, adding a little je ne sais quoi. The milk does take on a fairly sweet flavour, which I rather like, but I know that this is not to everyone's liking. The packaging is fairly coherent with a green and white theme; it looks clean, inviting and simple. However, unlike the box, I feel as though the manufacturers have tried to add too much to the cereal itself and it would perhaps benefit from being more simple yet effective. So will I buy this cereal again? Probably not in a while. I enjoyed it somewhat, but it is definitely not making it into my favourites. 
Here are my ratings for Almond, Oats & More:

Crunch Factor: 1/5

Flavour: 2.5/5

Aesthetics: 3/5

Filling: 3.5/5

Overall Rating: 2.5/5  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?