Friday 6 September 2013

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes


This week has been hectic! I'd like to apologise for not updating you on my latest breakfast antics for a while, but I have been in 'God's Own County', or, as some like to put it, Yorkshire.
Being back up north reminded me of my Grandfather and his little idiosyncrasies such as whistling to himself all the time, calling out at any moment "Give us a bag of crisps", and most importantly, his favourite breakfast cereal, Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Therefore, I have decided that this is the week of the Crunchy Nut.
Over the years this cereal has developed and adapted to suit perhaps a younger, more diverse audience, branching off into clusters, crunchy bites and things resembling nuggets. However, I believe that you cannot beat the trusty original. For me it's the golden colour of the flakes contrasting against the bright whiteness of the milk that makes this cereal so appealing. And, to begin with, the taste is powerful with the perfect amount of sweetness. A classic mixture of honey and nuts to wake up to. However, after just a few minutes of sitting in the bowl, something bizarre and rather upsetting happens to crunchy nuts; they are no longer crunchy nor nutty. My dear grandfather, nonetheless, has come up with an ingenious method to avoid this: eat them at lightning speed! As long as you eat Crunchy Nut Cornfalkes within three minutes of them hitting the milk, they remain perfect. If, however, you like to take a little longer over your breakfast, then I am afraid you may have to put up with a rather soggy bowl of flavourless cereal - at least (as i'm told) the milk absorbs most of the flavour!
Here are my ratings for Crunchy Nut Cornflakes:

Crunch Factor: 1/5

Flavour: 4/5

Aesthtics: 4/5

Filling: 3.5/5

Overall Rating: 3.2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?