Tuesday 29 October 2013

Golden Nuggets


The sun shines down over St Andrews this morning and so to match the golden rays outside, I reached for a bowl of golden nuggets to start my day. Golden Nuggets are often only thought of as a children's cereal, but I beg to differ. I myself was one of these cynics and admit that I hadn't had a bowl of Golden Nuggets for about 8 years before today. But I am so glad that I broke through my own inhibitions and reached for that box of golden goodness.
As a child I was convinced that Golden Nuggets were actual nuggets of gold; something that tasted so good must be on the same level as a precious metal. However, I have since grown up and now realise that it would be ludicrous to sell so much gold merely to be eaten. Nonetheless, I still believe that Golden Nuggets taste absolutely "Yeeehaah". They have a great honey/syrup flavour and the crunch is spot on - not too much that it hurts your mouth with every spoonful, just the right amount. And thankfully golden nuggets retain this crunch so you can spend at least ten minutes having a leisurely breakfast. My only qualm is that instead of loosing crunch, Golden Nuggets seem to loose their flavour fairly quickly. 
So will I put aside my previous fears of judgement for choosing a 'children's cereal'? Most definitely. I will certainly be having many more bowls of Golden Nuggets in the future.
Here are my ratings:


Crunch Factor: 4.5/5

Flavour: 3.5/5

Aesthetics: 3.5/5

Filling: 2.5/5

Overall Rating: 3.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?