Tuesday 24 December 2013

Lucky Charms


Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. I however, couldn't sleep with anticipation for trying my newest breakfast cereal: Lucky Charms. Having been very kindly given them by my friend, Natasha, at the end of her sister's 21st birthday party, I thought it was only fit that I reviewed them on this year's Christmas eve.
I must admit that this is not my first taste of Lucky Charms, having previously tried them at a USAo'Phile's house, but that was a rather long time ago, and I had forgotten just how bright and how many E Numbers this cereal contained - a real Christmas treat! The actual cereal component of this is rather plain. An oaty based cereal that takes on the form of a number of different shapes. Although frosted, it is still rather salty. However, the little marshmallow's are the redeeming factor of this cereal. They are an array of colour and shapes from pink love hearts to blue and yellow rainbows. In fact, they are so colourful and sweet that they counterbalance the saltiness and plainness of the cereal, making for a wonderfully harmonious, balanced bowlful of breakfast. Lucky Charms claim to be 'Magically Delicious' and I believe that this unity between salty and sweet creates this magic. As time goes on, the cereal remains fairly crisp and the marshmallows soften somewhat, but this is a welcome factor. Perhaps my only qualm with Lucky Charms is the fact that you are left with an unappetising grey/green milk once you've eaten all the cereal, nonetheless, it still tastes fairly sweet, if that's your kind of thing.
I would urge people to put aside their fears of E Numbers and Colourings just for one day and try a bowl of Lucky Charms, treat yourselves, it's Christmas!
Here are my ratings for Lucky Charms:

Crunch Factor: 3.5/5

Flavour: 4/5

Aesthtics: 4.5/5

Filling: 3/5

Overall Rating: 3.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?