Tuesday 17 December 2013

All-Bran Red Berry Crunch


Home again. Christmas time once more. Having finished exams I am finally feeling festive and therefore have decided to try All-Bran Red Berry Crunch. I have been searching for a specifically christmas themed cereal but to no avail, so thought the red berries muddled amongst the All-Bran clusters would suffice for now. 
When I saw the cereal in my bowl, my initial response was that it looked like a hybrid between bird food and rabbit droppings. Thankfully it tastes like neither. The flavour of the cereal is not too sweet or powerful so the berries are a welcome addition, and they leave you with pink milk at the end, even better! The cereal also stays crunchy for the time it takes to eat a bowl full so that's an added bonus. However, those with a more delicate mouth may want to give this cereal a miss as they certainly do live up to the 'Crunch' part of their name. 
All-Bran is perhaps not the most exciting cereal out there but it is not the worst i've ever had. It could probably do with a bit of work on the aesthetics, but i'm glad that it's not overtly sweet, as this is clearly not a cereal specifically for children; it has to appeal to adult tastes too. Although not my favourite cereal in the world, I would not be completely against eating more bowls of All-Bran Red Berry Crunch, however, will probably not be in any hurry to have my next bowl. 
Here are my ratings:

Crunch Factor: 4/5

Flavour: 2/5

Aesthetics: 1/5

Filling: 3.5/5

Overall Rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?