Tuesday 10 December 2013

Cookie Crisp


In the midst of exams and revision all the days seem to merge into one. The same old routine, day in, day out. Christmas seems like a century away, and, despite the plethora of paper chains, snowmen and even singing Santas surrounding me, regardless of how many mince pies or selection boxes I eat, I just can't seem to get into the festive frame of mind. It is therefore in this rather 'bah humbug' mindset that I have decided to try and cheer myself up with a box of the very novelty Cookie Crisp.
This cereal is supposed to look like cookies and taste like them too, but I can say that it only half fulfils one of these brash claims. The cereal vaguely resembles a cookie shape and colour, but the chocolate chips could do with a little work; in my opinion they look more like dog biscuits than cookies. As for the flavour, they taste like generic cereal, not cookies as promised by the name on the box. I personally think that they are a little too salty and the texture needs more density. Thankfully Cookie Crisp's one redeeming factor is that they don't loose much of their initial crunch, living up to the 'Crisp' element of the name.
Some may say that I have been a little harsh on Cookie Crisp, but they really are nothing special. Once the novelty of your mum letting you eat 'Cookies' in the morning wears off, you are left with an uninspiring bowl of something vaguely resembling a cookie. Some would blame this harsh review on the lack of Christmas cheer in my life, and maybe this is true, but Nestle really should look at improving this cereal in the meantime.
Here are my reviews for Cookie Crisp:

Crunch Factor: 4/5



Flavour: 2/5


Aesthetics: 2.5/5


Filling: 3/5


Overall Rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?